Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannybr0ot4l

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
I have tried on crossover and it kept crashing, would it be any better on bootcamp with windows xp?

I have an A1181 regular macbook with stock everything including the GMA X3100 video card.

Will it work smoothly even on low settings? Can I upgrade my video card?

ildondeigiocchi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Montreal
I have tried on crossover and it kept crashing, would it be any better on bootcamp with windows xp?

I have an A1181 regular macbook with stock everything including the GMA X3100 video card.

Will it work smoothly even on low settings? Can I upgrade my video card?

Running Bootcamp would be the best option but because of the fact that your video card has very little VRAM and is not powerful you might have to play on very low settings or your video card might not be supported altogether by the game. As for upgrading your video card you won't be able unless you want to disassemble your system and possibly ruin it in the process. Plus I haven't seen any mobile video card sellers. Also I think that that video card is an onboard one meaning that it is built into the logic board so simply put you won't be able to replace it. Try saving up some money for an iMac... that's your best option. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.