PDA

View Full Version : how do you hook up to TV?

eeek
Jun 17, 2004, 08:47 PM
i have been trying to hook my iBook(G3- white, running Jaguar) to my TV through the mini-VGA port. I have both the projector( for LCDs) and video adapter( with a video and S-video socket), but when ever i make the connection,all i see is a flickering screen. It looks like the refresh rate of the computer doesn't match with the TV. I tried, reducing the resolution, and changing the refresh rate from the displays menu, but it doesn't help at all. Last night, i tried it with an HDTV, and i got the best results so far, with double/black and white display of my desktop. I am not sure what the problem is, but its not possible to change the refresh rate from the built in menus. I think i should be able to do something through the terminal, but i am not confident enough with my linux background to mess with it.
So, does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Maybe i can do a driver upgrade or something for my video card, and /or there is a trick about this i don't know about...

mactastic
Jun 17, 2004, 09:37 PM
Well first I'm assuming you are in the good-ole USA and not in some other country with funny TVs. :p

Have you tried going into the monitor preferences pane, and clicking on 'Detect Display'? That usually gets the mac set right for the monitor. Or TV.

eeek
Jun 17, 2004, 10:20 PM
yes i did try that... to no end
and yes i am States, and actually in CA :)