Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NXP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Let me try to keep this short and specific.

Unibody MacBook Version 10.5.7

When I right click when using a mouse, it opens Dashboard.
--If I change the mouse, it does the same.

When I two-finger click, it opens Dashboard.
--Unchecking the SysPref>Trackpad>TwoFingers/SecondaryClick box will remove this ability and won't open Dashboard via the two-finger click method (but will not open the right-click menu, as it shouldn't).
----(An attached mouse's right-click still opens Dashboard)

When I one-finger click in the bottom left corner (as specified by SysPref>Trackpad>OneFinger/SecondaryClick(BottomLeftCorner)), it opens Dashboard.
--Again, unchecking this option prevents Dashboard or the right-click menu from coming up.
----(An attached mouse's right-click still open Dashboard)

Finally, option-clicking DOES open up the right-click options, so no problems there... and that's how I've been doing all my right-clicking.

Since I am a keyboard/power user, option-clicking is my "right-click" of choice. However certain times when I "must" use a mouse, switching between the mouse and the keyboard simply to right-click is frustrating and time-consuming.

I hope someone can help... it may be a setting that I overlooked somewhere in System Preferences or something more convoluted. Either way, I thank you for your suggestions and help ahead of time!

-N

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
System Preferences > Exposé & Spaces > Exposé > Dashboard:

3792875181_a0c75b2239_o.png

Does that help?

NXP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
I should have asked weeks ago... :)

Thanks! It helped a ton

Bryan Aldana

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2015
I have the SAME exact problem. But i do not have the expose and spaces option under system preferences. I have a 13" macbook air. please help!

Bryan Aldana

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2015
I have found the answer! to anyone with the same problem:

You will find a similar setting if you go to System Preferences>Mission Control
under these setting you might see right click mouse under mission control. Unselect it to just the (-) and you can right click again without opening the dashboard!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.