PDA

View Full Version : 'There will be no video iPod' Apple

MacBytes
Jun 18, 2004, 08:55 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: \'There will be no video iPod\' Apple (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040618095533)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

idkew
Jun 18, 2004, 09:18 AM
good.

g4cubed
Jun 18, 2004, 09:33 AM
the link at Macworld is down right now :mad:

svenas1
Jun 18, 2004, 10:16 AM
Thank god for that.

The iPod is simple and beautiful, has a clear purpose which has been implementet to near perfection. It's about the music. Full stop.

I also think Apples new policy about being more outspoken about future products is excellent. At least we know a bit more what to expect (re 3 GHz, the G5 PB etc.). This is a new strategy for them and I applaud it.

reaper
Jun 18, 2004, 10:20 AM
I agree. The iPod is so popular because it is simple and does what it does well.

- reaper

edesignuk
Jun 18, 2004, 10:24 AM
good.
My thoughts exactly when I read the title of this thread :cool:

macridah
Jun 18, 2004, 10:37 AM
true. why watch a movie on a 2-3 inch screen. If you wanted a portable dvd machine, then use your laptop.

g4cubed
Jun 18, 2004, 11:02 AM
Link working now. Yeaaaaaah
Well for one thing the screen resolution would not be the greatest, to say the least. And you would need a magnifing glass to see it. I'm glad, and hopes it stays what it is....Simplicity with style.

nagromme
Jun 18, 2004, 11:45 AM
Videos make no sense now. But photos are another matter!

Just add video out and you can show your iPhoto library on any TV--with iTunes music! My credit-card-sized camera has TV-out and does slideshows, it's not a big deal anymore. And iPod already has some photo functionality, after all. This would do nothing to complicate the core music function, and would provide one more use for that music.

And people already show photos on the tiny screens of cameras--ALL the time and with a poor UI--so even THAT has a use, if the iPod gets a color screen. (Neat for album art... and gentle on batteries if they use OLED... wishful thinking.)

nagromme
Jun 18, 2004, 11:51 AM
Videos make no sense now. But photos are another matter!

Just add video out and you can show your iPhoto library on any TV--with iTunes music! My credit-card-sized camera has TV-out and does slideshows, it's not a big deal anymore. And iPod already has some photo functionality, after all. This would do nothing to complicate the core music function, and would provide one more use for that music.

And people already show photos on the tiny screens of cameras--ALL the time and with a poor UI--so even THAT has a use, if the iPod gets a color screen. (Neat for album art... and gentle on batteries if they use OLED... wishful thinking.)

sockeatingdryer
Jun 18, 2004, 01:10 PM

j_appel
Jun 18, 2004, 07:12 PM
Boy am I glad to hear that there won't be a video iPod. :) I can just see people walking down the sidewalk and then run into a post or something else because they had their head down trying to watch a video on their iPod. :rolleyes: