PDA

View Full Version : OS X 10.5.8 Running Hotter

JasG
Aug 7, 2009, 09:01 AM
On my Rev. C. Before I installed it, my fan kicked in only when I had a external device attached, hard disk drive, optical drive, etc. Now it runs more often. Not a big deal, but thought worth mentioning.

kntgsp
Aug 7, 2009, 09:27 AM
I'm seeing identical temps and fan speeds before and after on SMC Fan Control.

J the Ninja
Aug 7, 2009, 09:29 AM
Looking at my temp sheet in iStat Menus right now, things seem about how they always are, maybe a few degrees lower, but I'll attribute that to my cold-ish room this morning, and that my MBP hasn't been running for very long yet this morning.

JasG
Aug 7, 2009, 09:54 AM
It could be my imagination. My machine has been running since 5am. And it is pretty warm inside today in NYC, though gorgeous outside. I don't have any of the programs that measure temperature. And even with the fan on this is my favorite laptop since I can't remember what lightweight machine in the 80s and early 90s.

kntgsp
Aug 7, 2009, 12:26 PM
It could be my imagination. My machine has been running since 5am. And it is pretty warm inside today in NYC, though gorgeous outside. I don't have any of the programs that measure temperature. And even with the fan on this is my favorite laptop since I can't remember what lightweight machine in the 80s and early 90s.

http://www.eidac.de/?p=134

three
Aug 9, 2009, 11:35 AM
That's odd, after 10.5.8 and a new Logic Board in my Revision A, my Air has been running cooler and the fan has been turning on later. Thankfully.