Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RockTheGlobe

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
Denver, CO
I have an iPod Classic and an iPhone 3GS -- the iPhone syncs perfectly with my MacBook Pro, but the iPod is suddenly unable to sync with iTunes. When I connect the iPod, it will show up on the desktop in disk mode with the iPod icon and the iPod will say it's connected to the computer, but the iPod won't show up in the iTunes devices list. Tried resetting the iPod, no joy.

Any suggestions?

CaptMurdock

Suspended
Jan 2, 2009
The Evildrome Boozerama
I have an iPod Classic and an iPhone 3GS -- the iPhone syncs perfectly with my MacBook Pro, but the iPod is suddenly unable to sync with iTunes. When I connect the iPod, it will show up on the desktop in disk mode with the iPod icon and the iPod will say it's connected to the computer, but the iPod won't show up in the iTunes devices list. Tried resetting the iPod, no joy.

Any suggestions?

What version of iTunes do you have? Woz Knows, Apple is der bomb on backwards compatability but maybe your iPod is so old it's not recognized by iTunes. Have you upgraded iTunes recently?

RockTheGlobe

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
Denver, CO
What version of iTunes do you have? Woz Knows, Apple is der bomb on backwards compatability but maybe your iPod is so old it's not recognized by iTunes. Have you upgraded iTunes recently?

I'm fully up-to-date -- running 8.2.1. The iPod is only about 3 years old as well, it's an 80GB iPod Classic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.