PDA

View Full Version : Any (better) way to select which photos sync to ATV

Scott6666
Aug 7, 2009, 05:31 PM
Is there any way to select which photos move to the ATV? I have personal and work photos in iTunes. I'd like to get the truck photos to stop appearing on the HDTV slide shows.

I see the options on the photos tab. I don't want to mess with events and albums.

My preference would be to be able to have a folder for work and one for home and then be able to exclude the work folder. I think I am pissing in the wind here but thought I'd look for a wider perspective.

I guess the only way is to move the work photos out of iPhoto. Anyone see any other option?

Shuttleworth
Aug 7, 2009, 05:51 PM
Can you set up two separate libraries in iPhoto? One for home and one for work, I know you can do this in Aperture, you can select which one opens by holding the option key when launching the application.

However, I sync one folder of favourite pictures in my Aperture library to my :apple:TV, they are the only ones that go across, I set up the folder specially for the :apple:TV. Does iPhoto not work like this? In Aperture the folder contents are just a link to the actual photo, so it doesn't mess up the file structure.

Scott6666
Aug 7, 2009, 06:10 PM
The sync options in iTunes include:

- All
- Events
- Albums

Nothing on folders, or libraries. Multiple libraries would be nice. Anyone know if that works in iPhoto?

I have many events. Maybe Albums can approximate, or even extend across, folders. I just want to do as little as possible to organize this.