PDA

View Full Version : Man Happier About Switch to Mac than Conversion to Christian...

MacBytes
Jun 19, 2004, 11:34 PM
Category: Humor
Link: Man Happier About Switch to Mac than Conversion to Christianity (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040620003459)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

irmongoose
Jun 20, 2004, 12:43 AM
Philips, an account manager for Choice Communications, was baptized shortly after his conversion and is in contact with Apple computers as a potential candidate for the company's popular "Switcher" ad campaign.

Hmmm? I thought the switcher ad campaign was long over... Am I missing something here? Is Apple going to revive the switcher ads or is this guy just nuts?

irmongoose

abc123
Jun 20, 2004, 12:54 AM
i couldn't help but notice that it is written in a very thonion.com parody of news style

NAG
Jun 20, 2004, 01:36 AM
Hmmm? I thought the switcher ad campaign was long over... Am I missing something here? Is Apple going to revive the switcher ads or is this guy just nuts?

irmongoose

Indeed you are.

VOLUME 1 ISSUE 4***|***Release date: September 15, 2003

irmongoose
Jun 20, 2004, 03:25 AM
Doh.

Now then... why has this been posted on MacBytes now?

irmongoose

solvs
Jun 20, 2004, 05:18 AM
People always miss this part (hint - go to the bottom of the link where it says THE TRUTH):

irmongoose
Jun 20, 2004, 05:23 AM
Double Doh.

How could I miss that?

irmongoose

x86isslow
Jun 20, 2004, 08:51 AM
Double Doh.

How could I miss that?

irmongoose

Macbytes is out to get you!! :p

Mudbug
Jun 20, 2004, 10:25 AM
Macbytes is out to get you!! :p

I'm on a mission to confuse you :D
Honestly, missed the date on it, but thought the content was humorous enough for a few folks to give it a read-through.

Ambrose Chapel
Jun 20, 2004, 11:16 AM
it's pretty funny..abc123 is right - it's very Onion-esque

adamjay
Jun 20, 2004, 02:22 PM
"The change in Philips has been difficult for his irreligious, PC-using family, who feel as though he has abandoned the culture in which he was raised."

Am i the only one that laughed my ass off to this statement?
Its as if PC-users have lost all faith, but are a culture all their own.

This is comedy. The edgey kind of satire that makes you wonder if it really is satire to begin with - is the best satire of all!

killmoms
Jun 21, 2004, 07:51 AM
Ah, good old satire. That was pretty funny.

That said, as a Mac-using Christian, I think I have a healthy perspective on which of the two is more important. Hint: it's the one that's eternal. :p

--Cless

nagromme
Jun 21, 2004, 09:14 PM
That's a tough call. Fail to follow the majority in choosing your personal beliefs, and you just might end up in hell one day.

Follow the majority in computing, and you just might end up in hell every single time you turn on your computer! :D