Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBassPlayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Sidney, IN
Hi, everyone. Recently, a friend gave me the game mentioned in the thread title as a gift. I am not sure if it is meant to run well on my Mac. I have an :apple: eMac PowerPC G4 with an ATI Radeon 7500 graphics/video card. Any help would be most appreciated.

rj-300zx

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
Yea eMacs are definately not for gaming. Try getting at least a PowerBook G4 like the one I have in my sig. Preferably anything with a ATI Mobility 9700 64mb or above.

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
It chugs along in minimum settings on my G4 1.33 ghz until the action heats up, then it's a 1 fps grind. It'll be hideous on your emac.

MacBassPlayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Sidney, IN
I am looking into buying a new computer (The eMac is starting to become dated). I did have someone offer me an ATI Radeon 9200 graphics/video card. Will it run smooth with that? Also, what would one recommend that I buy to run the game and similar games with? I was recommended by a few people to get a used iMac G4/G5.

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
The 9200 is a well past it card now so it's really not worth it (and you can't upgrade the one in the emac either). Avoid the G4's/5's too, they are yesterdays technology. Go the second hand Intel route it funds are tight or you can get good deals on Apple reconditioned Intel Macs too.

Brad Oliver

macrumors regular
May 14, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
I am looking into buying a new computer (The eMac is starting to become dated). I did have someone offer me an ATI Radeon 9200 graphics/video card. Will it run smooth with that?

The 9200 is (or was) the bare minimum for KOTOR back in the day. It will not be an awesome gaming experience. The Radeon 8500/9000/9200 were a pretty craptacular family of video cards, and we had to work pretty hard to get KOTOR to run at a minimum playable state on that chipset. Do not expect much.

Coalman

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2008
Hi, everyone. Recently, a friend gave me the game mentioned in the thread title as a gift. I am not sure if it is meant to run well on my Mac. I have an :apple: eMac PowerPC G4 with an ATI Radeon 7500 graphics/video card. Any help would be most appreciated.

Dantooine (spell?) will be awful. The rest of the game will be fun. I played it--barely--on my eMac.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Muahaha! I completed this game like 30 times on my eMac 700 MHz with GeForce 2 MX. It ran at <10 fps most of the time but it still was fun to me ^^;;

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
Posting in this thread as the old one seems to be gone, anyway there was supposed to be a new intel patch for KOTOR being released around Snow Leopard, is there any development on this one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.