PDA

View Full Version : "Other" space on ATV

randy98mtu
Aug 9, 2009, 03:58 PM
I can't figure out what to search for. I tried a few things and came up empty. Is there a way to purge this "other" category that seems to grow over time? I seem to have to do a full restore on my ATV periodically to regain some space that has been gobbled up under this "other" umbrella. I only have a 40 gig model and currently 1.97 gig is "other." It seems to appear after an interrupted sync.

Do others see this issue as well? Thanks for any tips. I'm hoping to avoid a full restore again.

munkees
Aug 9, 2009, 04:13 PM
I can't figure out what to search for. I tried a few things and came up empty. Is there a way to purge this "other" category that seems to grow over time? I seem to have to do a full restore on my ATV periodically to regain some space that has been gobbled up under this "other" umbrella. I only have a 40 gig model and currently 1.97 gig is "other." It seems to appear after an interrupted sync.

Do others see this issue as well? Thanks for any tips. I'm hoping to avoid a full restore again.

I noticed on one of my :apple:tv has 1.6 GB of other, the other 2 :apple:TV's are lest than 80MB's. I never noticed before.