Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you buy the ipod touch 3G in September 2009?

• Yes

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I am going to wait some months until I can find it cheap in ebay.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Wait till 2010 for the 4G

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
so i have a 1st generation ipod touch (8GB), and i know apple is soon going to release the ipod touch 3G, but is it actually worth it? i mean i bought my ipod touch for $299.99 when it came out with the january software update on January 2008. I wonder if the 3G will cost somewhere between $230-$300 or will it cost more than $300 (cause i heard the ipod touch 3G might have a camera and a microphone) and i know that most likely i might get the 16GB, cause i only have about 150MB left of memory in my ipod touch 1G. So should i buy it when it comes out in september? or just pass and wait till 2010 for the 4G.

LISTEN: if you would vote right now in august 2009, and apple would tell you will you buy the ipod touch 3G if it has a camera and microphone? would you do it?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Are you seriously asking whether you should get the next generation of the iPod touch, the specs or release date of which no one here knows for sure, or wait for the iPod touch after that, the specs or release date of which no one here knows for sure? :confused:

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
No one can tell you the answer until it is actually released and you'll need to weigh it over and see if the new features are worth it to you. Although I don't think that Apple would raise the prices on the iPod Touch, but that's just my opinion.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
i'm just asking, i don't know if you guys know possible tech specs about the future ipod touch, but i'm just asking, if it has a camera or a microphone, will you guys be willing to buy it? or no?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
i'm just asking, i don't know if you guys know possible tech specs about the future ipod touch, but i'm just asking, if it has a camera or a microphone, will you guys be willing to buy it? or no?

I really think that you'll want to wait until the official specs are released, because we can't give you sound advice when the product isn't even out yet.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I'll be buying something bigger. It was my plan - it doesnt' matter what they add, but i'm hoping that they add the 64GB version and the price of the 32 drops. I orginally had the money for the 64 (or current 32) set aside for the purchase.

however, i've spent some on the kids and i'm not sure i'll get reimbursed for it by the soon-to-be-ex without a court fight. I hope i do...

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Considering we know nothing about either the 3G or 4G, iThink you know the answers you are going to get. Those are also two separate questions. Many users will simply not buy an iPod Touch because they have an iPhone.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Considering we know nothing about either the 3G or 4G, iThink you know the answers you are going to get. Those are also two separate questions. Many users will simply not buy an iPod Touch because they have an iPhone.

i know for the 4G we have NO IDEA AT ALL!!!!!! lol

but just imagine if the 3G had a camera and microphone? i'm just asking people. would u buy it?

or just wait till 2010, since apple runs with the idea "smaller, thinner, cheaper"

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
What it is worth to any individual is a fairly personal decision. What is an important feature to one person is not important to another. Just look at the slew of "I have a 2G/3G iPhone...should I upgrade to 3GS?"

Tell you what, WHEN the next iPod Touch comes out, you resurrect this thread, spell out your reasoning why you will hold out or why you will buy. I am sure you will have a number of people willing to agonize over the decision with you. Until then, we don't even know the specs to weigh the pros and cons.

And, as always, if you NEED it now, buy it now.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I really think that you'll want to wait until the official specs are released, because we can't give you sound advice when the product isn't even out yet.

i respect your decision, but if you would vote right now in august 2009, and apple would tell you will you buy the ipod touch 3G if it has a camera and microphone? would you do it?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
We have had threads about would the camera make a difference, but your thread seems to indicate whether a product we don't know about is going to be worth it or should one wait for another product we know nothing about.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
What it is worth to any individual is a fairly personal decision. What is an important feature to one person is not important to another. Just look at the slew of "I have a 2G/3G iPhone...should I upgrade to 3GS?"

Tell you what, WHEN the next iPod Touch comes out, you resurrect this thread, spell out your reasoning why you will hold out or why you will buy. I am sure you will have a number of people willing to agonize over the decision with you. Until then, we don't even know the specs to weigh the pros and cons.

And, as always, if you NEED it now, buy it now.

i like you last sentence, "if you NEED it now, buy it now" it really depends, but i already have an ipod touch 1G :)

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
i respect your decision, but if you would vote right now in august 2009, and apple would tell you will you buy the ipod touch 3G if it has a camera and microphone? would you do it?

I already have an iPhone 3G and an iPod Nano and they suit my needs perfectly, so I wouldn't buy one.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
i like you last sentence, "if you NEED it now, buy it now" it really depends, but i already have an ipod touch 1G :)

Well, no one really NEEDS, an iPod Touch. But this advice has been echoed through the hallowed halls of MacRumors when anyone asks whether he or she should hold out for the next great thing.

P.S. I've made do with a pre-video iPod classic.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Well, no one really NEEDS, an iPod Touch. But this advice has been echoed through the hallowed halls of MacRumors when anyone asks whether he or she should hold out for the next great thing.

P.S. I've made do with a pre-video iPod classic.

"P.S. I've made do with a pre-video iPod classic" -good luck with that.

kate-willbury

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2009
your question makes absolutely no sense. its just an mp3 player for gods sake. do you really need 1-2 years of planning ahead to buy one????

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
This question is fail. Do you think we are psychic or something? WHy don't you ask your girlfriend as you break up with her
"hey I'm afraid this won't work out" says you caringly
"But do you think I should be with the next girl thats with me or do you think two away will be better?" says you superciliously.
"What the f--- says her and the majority of readers to your thread.
facepalm2ic7copyrl2.jpg

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
This question is fail. Do you think we are psychic or something? WHy don't you ask your girlfriend as you break up with her
"hey I'm afraid this won't work out" says you caringly
"But do you think I should be with the next girl thats with me or do you think two away will be better?" says you superciliously.
"What the f--- says her and the majority of readers to your thread.

idk u tell me? lol

nigameash

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
Space: The Final Frontier
why dont you just wait for the itouch 7g to come out, i am sure it ll be a convertible netbook in itself! u want to wait, keep waiting coz apple is gonna release new ones every year. you can wait for them to install a miniature rocket into the itouch so it can fly too, then perhaps you could buy it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.