PDA

View Full Version : 15in iMacs

wymer100
Jun 20, 2004, 09:19 PM
Anyone else noticed that the 15in iMac now has a 7-10 day shipping date? I can't imagine that the demand has picked up that high recently to warrant such a delay. Might we be seeing an update this week? Perhaps, we'll know soon.

mklos
Jun 20, 2004, 09:37 PM
Anyone else noticed that the 15in iMac now has a 7-10 day shipping date? I can't imagine that the demand has picked up that high recently to warrant such a delay. Might we be seeing an update this week? Perhaps, we'll know soon.

Well I think inventories of iMacs are getting low for any Apple Reseller and Apple isn't shipping anymore. Take that and the fact that Apple hasn't updated the iMac in quite sometime, that tells me that they are going to introduce a totally new iMac. If they were going to just release updates with faster G4 processor they would of done it by now. So they must be working on something totally new. Now whether it will have a G4 or G5 in it, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm hoping for a few things:

-Its headless!
-Has a G5 in it
-Made out the that colored hard anodized aluminum
-Sells for around $1199-1599

I think the iMac announcement will be Steve's "There is one more thing..." during his WWDC Keynote Address!