PDA

View Full Version : My Reclamation Project

leftbanke7
Jun 20, 2004, 11:20 PM
I have been getting a real itchy finger concerning computers as of late. I am about 2 months away from purchasing a new iBook for school but I am getting very impatient. I need something to hold me over.

So I am going to try and fix my busted up old PB 190.

After a strap on my backpack unraveled, it cruely met the ground. One of the screen hinge covers broke and it slowly deteriorated from there until the screen would no longer work, the battery crapped out and the power supply plug in would not work and I am sure a few other things I am unaware of. So it has sat neglected in a cupboard collecting dust for about 7 years now.

But it's time to take her out and see what I can do. Just purchased a large lot of spare parts from eBay (including a functioning logicboard, drives, RAM, hinges, screw and a bunch of other stuff) for 50 dollars.

Being that I am fairly confident in my abilities but not an expert by any means, is there anything I should look out for? Any tips, hints, tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated. I figure at the very least, the 50 dollar investment will keep me busy until school starts again regardless of whether I am successful or not.