PDA

View Full Version : safari dying?

serger
Jun 21, 2004, 08:59 AM
so this morning Safari is choking on gmail... on my homepage www.merrowsales.com , and yahoo mail. Every computer on my LAN (couple of 1.42 G4s and an iMac) is the same way....

could it be Safari?
Comcast?

I haven't played w/the router in 5 months. (use a sonicwall 8port)

Anyone else having problems w/the websites above-- or have an explanation as to why my Safari seems to be dying. :confused:

7on
Jun 21, 2004, 09:19 AM
Site loads fine.

Personally I blame comcast

Thirteenva
Jun 21, 2004, 09:27 AM
so this morning Safari is choking on gmail... on my homepage www.merrowsales.com , and yahoo mail. Every computer on my LAN (couple of 1.42 G4s and an iMac) is the same way....

could it be Safari?
Comcast?

I haven't played w/the router in 5 months. (use a sonicwall 8port)

Anyone else having problems w/the websites above-- or have an explanation as to why my Safari seems to be dying. :confused:

You could try dumping safari's preference files, or repairing permissions. I've had some issues with safari that were solved by one or the other.

ChrisFromCanada
Jun 21, 2004, 09:28 AM
Actually, I use a sonicwall filter which then feeds into an Hp Router and it has been going off and on all morning. I'm on Cogeco cable up here in the great white north. The problems are probably not related, but I thought I would post anyway.

Coolvirus007
Jun 21, 2004, 09:30 AM
did you try a different browser? not ei but firefox, etc.

serger
Jun 21, 2004, 09:48 AM
This stinks.

Explorer flies... Safari gets hung up on Macrumors of all things... in addition to google and merrowsales.com

i've reset safari and emptied the cache... any other ideas?

RiseAgainst
Jun 21, 2004, 01:09 PM
I had the exact same problem, exact same sites, espicially MacRumors and Google.

The fix:

Download a new intall of safari.
Uninstall your existing safari.
Reinstall a new one.

Dont for get to backup your bookmarks
homefolder/library/safari/bookmarks.plist

Dont know why it was going so slow, but this really made this go back to the fast safari i once had.

Kingsnapped
Jun 21, 2004, 01:59 PM
My Safari doesn't hang, but trying to load gmail, it tweaks out sometimes and takes a loooong time to figure it out.... as though I have a slow connection. Just save your bookmarks (anyone know how?) and reinstall.

mgargan1
Jun 21, 2004, 09:25 PM
gmail now currently supports safari 1.2.1 or newer, http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about.html#signup go to number 5... then look at the web browsers...