Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boesesreh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Hi guys!

I'm having some trouble with the svn feature in xcode.
Everytime i add a file to my project the project.pbxproj file changes and if i want all other svn users to have the same file in their project i have to commit this file. That just can't be the right way to do it coul'd somebody please tell me how to do this right?

kpua

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
That is the right way to do it. It'd be a pain to communicate to all the other clients of your repository that they have to manually add files each time you add them. Committing changes to the .pbxproj file is just fine. I think they even merge fine, at least in most cases, but I might be wrong.

However, there are two files that I would personally make svn ignore: the .perspectivev3 and .pbxuser files. Those can change pretty much whenever you change the current file, the dimensions of your Xcode window, and so forth. These are changes you don't need in your repository, and they are changes that are useless to everyone else.

Boesesreh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Sorry for the late answer i was a little busy.

What my problem was / or is ist that i was used to cvs/svn (whateva) systems like in eclipse where you add a file to the reopsitory and erverybody else gets it. The problem i have with the system in xcode is that i like to create my own test/dummy/whateva classes whick should not be in the repository. When i commit the .pbxproj these files appear even if i've not added them. But since there is no package structure like in other ides i'll just have to live with it.

thanks anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.