Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhonAppCrazy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
Fubar Touch Has been released for a few days now and the response is wonderful. People seem to like the fact that it is very fast paced game, and that it keeps the party alive. Instead of staying sucked into the iphone screen it lets you enjoy your friends and socialize. This is the link to the game if anyone is interested. Please let me know what you think.

http://www.itunes.com/apps/fubartouch

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
I was interested in a good drinking game until I noticed:

Poor description of what this app even does.
No website.
No Support site.
No support email.
No video of the app in action.

The four reviews that this app has are accounts that haven't reviewed any other app, so they were likely created by the developer to give his app a nice rating. Shady.

Also, In the screenshots it looks like there's a UI problem as the back button isn't lined up with the menu button.

Why would I want to buy this again?

miggitymac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2009
If you haven't noticed, this is OP's first post ever. Probably the developer. Maybe he/she got bored of making false reviews on the App store.

Pathetic and sad really....

iPhonAppCrazy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
Not at all

I personally think it is a great game. With great graphics So I thought I would post about it.

miggitymac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2009
I bought this game a week ago and played it with my friends. I personally think it is a great game. With great graphics So I thought I would post about it. You never know who the developer is and if there just a kid in college with no money doing there best to get buy. Maybe you should buy the game first and play with an open mind before you down it like that. I am sure that a website does not effect the play of the game.

I didn't "down" anything about the game or the gameplay...I haven't even tried it nor do I have any interest in ever trying it.

I was just saying that your posts sound really cheezy and it's very likely that you are the developer or are family/friend of the developer.

Tell you what....if you admit you are the developer or that you know the developer, I'll at least open up my App store and have a look at the app.

BTW - If I were you, I'd stop playing drinking games. Your spelling and grammar seem to be suffering because of it. :p

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
BTW - If I were you, I'd stop playing drinking games. Your spelling and grammar seem to be suffering because of it. :p

LOL - My college dorm was named FUBAR (for those of you not in the know, this is circa WWII military slang acronym for F***ed Up Beyond All Repair/Recognition). My spelling and grammar suffered in the attempts to live up to my dorm's name. Thay having been said, I would have so much more respect for a developer (or friend) who would be up front. How about a screenshot and description of the game? Oh wait - that would be spam!

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
A decent deck of cards costs less than $1.99 and doesn't run low on batteries.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
I bought this game a week ago and played it with my friends. I personally think it is a great game. With great graphics So I thought I would post about it. You never know who the developer is and if there just a kid in college with no money doing there best to get buy. Maybe you should buy the game first and play with an open mind before you down it like that. I am sure that a website does not effect the play of the game.

Why don't you record a video of the app in action and maybe give a description of what it does, James. Not everyone is so willing to go throwing around money for every app with no details on it other than it displays a picture of a card on the screen. Whoopity doo!

iPhonAppCrazy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
OK sounds Good

Why don't you record a video of the app in action and maybe give a description of what it does, James. Not everyone is so willing to go throwing around money for every app with no details on it other than it displays a picture of a card on the screen. Whoopity doo!

Ok Sounds good this post has done more than what I intended it to do. I got a lot of feedback from the community already. To every one reading this post sorry about the misconception. To be a beginner developer with no money it is hard and I had no idea of how or what I needed to do to get my game out their. Sounds like a video of the game and a website is where i need to start. I have already updated the info on the itunes page. It should display in itunes shortly. To kwjohns and the rest who have posted here thanks for your input and your suggestions. Yes they were a little harsh but good one's. It was exactly what i needed to here. They have given me great directions.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Ok Sounds good this post has done more than what I intended it to do. I got a lot of feedback from the community already. To every one reading this post sorry about the misconception. To be a beginner developer with no money it is hard and I had no idea of how or what I needed to do to get my game out their. Sounds like a video of the game and a website is where i need to start. I have already updated the info on the itunes page. It should display in itunes shortly. To kwjohns and the rest who have posted here thanks for your input and your suggestions. Yes they were a little harsh but good one's. It was exactly what i needed to here. They have given me great directions.

Tough love, my boy. Honesty is the best policy in life. The bulls**t-o-meter is very sensitive in MacRumors. You trigger it and you will get flamed. Good luck with the App.

iPhonAppCrazy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
Thanks

Tough love, my boy. Honesty is the best policy in life. The bulls**t-o-meter is very sensitive in MacRumors. You trigger it and you will get flamed. Good luck with the App.

Thanks a lot for the reply eawmp1. I will be needing all the help I can get. This was my first post to macrumors and I know now if I have any questions for anything I no exactly were to find them. Though next time i will ask up front instead of beating around the bush. I did not mean to upset anyone. Thanks for the help.:D

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
Thanks a lot for the reply eawmp1. I will be needing all the help I can get. This was my first post to macrumors and I know now if I have any questions for anything I no exactly were to find them. Though next time i will ask up front instead of beating around the bush. I did not mean to upset anyone. Thanks for the help.:D

What about the BS reviews you posted on the app store? Very douchy.

I would never have bought your app because of your description alone. I'm not knocking you, but for crying out loud, at least seek the assistance of an English proofreader. The bad grammar is very unprofessional. Gmail support is also pretty lame. Credibility...

You're not off to a very good start.

Edit: Even your formatting is messed up. <thumb down>

iPhonAppCrazy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
What about the BS reviews you posted on the app store? Very douchy.

I would never have bought your app because of your description alone. I'm not knocking you, but for crying out loud, at least seek the assistance of an English proofreader. The bad grammar is very unprofessional. Gmail support is also pretty lame. Credibility...

You're not off to a very good start.

I did not post those reviews. Those reviews were left by friends and family that actually like playing the game. I guess it is easier to to pull some down than it is to help someone out. I posted to get help and ideas for the future not to get bashed around. Thanks.

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
I did not post those reviews. Those reviews were left by friends and family that actually like playing the game. I guess it is easier to to pull some down than it is to help someone out. I posted to get help and ideas for the future not to get bashed around. Thanks.

Ugh.

iPhonAppCrazy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
Just letting everyone know that is or has been reading this post. I dropped the price of Fubar Touch from 1.99 to .99 cents. It should be affected in Itunes shortly. Thanks to everyone.:):D;)

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
So now you're editing out your old deceitful posts? See: "Aug 11, 2009 at 11:55 PM."

Unfortunaltely, you couldn't remove the original quote from miggitymac.

Good luck with your app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.