PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail blocks all emails coming from Gmail.

MacBytes
Jun 21, 2004, 02:07 PM
Category: Microsoft
Link: Hotmail blocks all emails coming from Gmail. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040621150734)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Bunzi2k4
Jun 21, 2004, 02:19 PM
...? whats wrong with gmail?

edesignuk
Jun 21, 2004, 02:29 PM
...? whats wrong with gmail?It will destroy Hotmail when it is fully "live".

Trowaman
Jun 21, 2004, 02:35 PM
HERE IT IS!!! ACTUAL PROOF M$ IS AN EVIL MANIPULATIVE COMPANY!!! PROOF, PROOF I SAY!!!!

*gets hauled of kicking and screaming in a straight jacket to an isolated cell*

benoda
Jun 21, 2004, 02:36 PM
This is untrue. I've sent email from my gmail account to my hotmail account multiple times with no problems.....

Gizmotoy
Jun 21, 2004, 02:41 PM
This is untrue. I've sent email from my gmail account to my hotmail account multiple times with no problems.....

Read the article because the subject is misleading. Hotmail is bouncing gmail invites, not regular e-mails...

the_mole1314
Jun 21, 2004, 02:51 PM
Read the article because the subject is misleading. Hotmail is bouncing gmail invites, not regular e-mails...

Even then, from what I hear, isn't always true. :rolleyes:

benoda
Jun 21, 2004, 03:01 PM

Ahhh OK, that's what I get for only reading the headlines.

ALoLA
Jun 21, 2004, 03:22 PM
Sounds like a form of censorship to me. Also, I agree with Trowaman that this is proof of MS manipulating the system for their benefit. Where is the ball-less DOJ? :mad:

nacl99
Jun 21, 2004, 03:33 PM
Why do people using Hotmail, G-mail, Yahoo.... just because they are free? you get free email from all ISPs anyways, and most have web access.

I would think you would get a lot of spam, and lack of privacy from those, especially G-mail.

I've never seen the point.

benoda
Jun 21, 2004, 03:37 PM
Why do people using Hotmail, G-mail, Yahoo.... just because they are free? you get free email from all ISPs anyways, and most have web access.

I would think you would get a lot of spam, and lack of privacy from those, especially G-mail.

I've never seen the point.

1)It's nice to have a permanent email account, i.e. not dependant on changing ISPs
2)It's great for junk mail (i.e. forum registrations etc.) when I don't want to give out my personal email.

nacl99
Jun 21, 2004, 03:42 PM
1)It's nice to have a permanent email account, i.e. not dependant on changing ISPs
2)It's great for junk mail (i.e. forum registrations etc.) when I don't want to give out my personal email.

Gotcha On the spam.

As for the email thing, I own my own domain, its not free but I really can have the same email addy for my whole life, for 8 bucks a year or less.

Frozone
Jun 21, 2004, 04:40 PM
My gmail invite was sent to my hotmail account and it worked. I also tried sending myself and email from my Gmail to Hotmail and that also worked.

SilvorX
Jun 21, 2004, 05:16 PM
I sent a few to hotmail, and they werent lost, they just took a while to get there, sometimes it ends up in the junk email box.

This is how shallow hotmail is eh?

rvernout
Jun 22, 2004, 08:18 AM
[b]Hotmail blocks all emails coming from Gmail

So, instead of "Hotmail blocks all emails coming from Gmail" it should be "Hotmail fails to deliver some Gmail invites". Grrrr, I hate those reality distortionists. Like "Saddam was a threat to the US" and the whole WoMD thing. You can't believe anything you read.

The world is ruled by Machiavelli-s :mad:

sjk
Jun 23, 2004, 01:50 AM
As for the email thing, I own my own domain, its not free but I really can have the same email addy for my whole life, for 8 bucks a year or less.No one owns a domain, our registrations just borrow 'em. :)

Registering your own domain(s) is the way to go, at least for "serious" correspondence. I think providers are reluctant to make it easy for people to use 'em (especially with webmail, e.g. Gmail restricts you to @gmail.com addresses) so you're anchored to their service. Better reason to use smaller providers like FastMail, MailSnare, Runbox, et.al. where use virtual domain support is easier or even encouraged.