Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
I don't really have a pressing problem, but more of an issue that has been nagging me. I got a unibody Macbook a few months ago (right before the upgrades) and not long after my gf spilled a bit of tea on the table it was sitting on. not much got on it, but a tiny bit did seep underneath. A small bit got trapped in the crack where the battery case meets the rest of the casing and when i opened it there was the tiniest bit where the hook of the batter case goes in to secure itself. I have seen water damage before (much more extensively) and it was such a small amount that didnt get anywhere important (i was able to wipe the few drops instantly with a towel) that I knew it wouldnt be a problem for the actual use of my macbook. There's never been a problem and it works completely fine, but I'm worried that even that small amount set off the Liquid Indicators. I haven't bought my extended applecare yet, which I plan on doing, but I dont want to have a real problem in a year and then be told that there's water damage, when the amount of water was seriously minimal and could not have caused ANY damage.

Does anyone know the likely hood of a few drops setting off an indicator in that spot? would appreciate any input anyone has about this. I've read of people hearing their macbook has water damage when they are unaware of this. I'm not trying to rip off apple, but this seriously wouldn't register as water damage in anyone's books. An entire glass of water spilled on my old dell and shorted it out (yet their warranty gladly covered the damage, even knowing it was water damage..).

Martron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
so does this mean I'm probably ok? (i know no one can give me a definitive answer)

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Most likely.

I suppose you could disassemble the computer and check if they've turned from white to reddish...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.