Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddyq

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I have created an xcode project as a KEXT. I am trying to specify the include folders but I'm having trouble.

When I setup the include list it does not seem to pick up the .h files. I think I am doing something wrong. Here is an example of what I do:

My project is in the top level directory.
In the Project->Edit Project Settings->Search Paths->Header Search Paths I add the following:

foo/include bar/folder_1 foo2/folder_2

That did not pickup the .h files so then I tried adding ./ to be beginning of each one but no cigar.

I then tried just putting in a single “.” and checking the Recursive box and it finds the .h’s but since there are some intended name conflicts I can't use that technique and I must specify the exact folders.

Any ideas?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Try something like "$(SRCROOT)/foo/include bar/folder_1 foo2/folder_2" where foo is alongside the .xcodeproj file.

eddyq

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Something else I noticed that was causing me problems. When you make a change to the project settings you have to perform a build/clean operation. This is unlike the very good Developer Studio IDE that Windows uses which recognizes the settings have changed.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Something else I noticed that was causing me problems. When you make a change to the project settings you have to perform a build/clean operation. This is unlike the very good Developer Studio IDE that Windows uses which recognizes the settings have changed.

Most of the project settings only effect compilation and linking anyway. They are largely unused for the vast majority of the time.

Which settings do you expect Xcode to pick up before you rebuild your project?

I can say with certainty though that you do not need to perform a clean of your project.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

XCode will evaluate your project settings and check whether they actually made any difference and avoid unnecessary recompiles.

Does Developer Studio still have that horrible bug where clicking at the right (or wrong) point in an editor window scrolls the text up by a line, selecting a lines worth of text without you moving the mouse at all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.