Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krisj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
What can I buy to strengthen my signal without modem? I have a lot of problems connecting to the internet while in some of my classes.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
You can follow a few tutorials on YouTube on how to increase your Mac Wireless Speed. Without a modem, you have no internet. So, don't really understand your post. Sorry.

krisj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
You can follow a few tutorials on YouTube on how to increase your Mac Wireless Speed. Without a modem, you have no internet. So, don't really understand your post. Sorry.

Well, as I said I have problems connecting in areas, which are not my house (example a college classroom). When I say without modem I mean without a normal home set-up, where I directly connected with a adaptor specifically for that router/modem.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Well, as I said I have problems connecting in areas, which are not my house (example a college classroom). When I say without modem I mean without a normal home set-up, where I directly connected with a adaptor specifically for that router/modem.

You can try disabling IPv6 in Airport and changing a few things using Terminal. I cannot remember what video has it, but one did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.