Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolquasar

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
Hi ppl,

I am from india, and I bought the UB macbook last november. Now I am thinking of buying APP for my macbook. But the issue is, APP costs Rs. 13000 ie ($274) in India. But in ebay it costs around $125 to $140.

My question is, can I buy the APP from ebay and use it for my macbook. Also let me know the issues that I might face regarding APP when I buy it from other country.

FYI, i bought this macbook from Hongkong, by which i saved around $290, coz the same costs $1660 in India, due to hefty taxes levied on it.

Please help me out here to save some pennies. :)

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Personally, if I decide to pick up the AppleCare, I'm going to buy from Amazon for $180-190 (the price fluctuates).

Cheaper than Apple, more than eBay, but a trusted vendor (Amazon directly) so that's worth the extra $$ for me.

coolquasar

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
Thanks for the info...
Could anyone suggest me a reliable APP seller from e-Bay???
May be someone from whom you or ur friends had bought the APP...

Richard1028

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2009
Thanks for the info...
Could anyone suggest me a reliable APP seller from e-Bay???
May be someone from whom you or ur friends had bought the APP...
Just look for somebody selling a sealed AppleCare box - you've got till November.

That's what I did. I was hesitant to get one of those applecare codes that some sellers provide via email (without a box). I know others here say it's OK but if you can avoid it, why bother?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.