PDA

View Full Version : Any PDA's that work with iCal?

triton
Jun 22, 2004, 03:18 AM
Are there any PDA's in particular that work well with iCal. I have a palm tungsten E, and it syncs with iCal, however I can't get all day events to show up. Also, it won't catergorize with the same titles that I have in iCal. Are there any PDA"s that work really well with with iCal? :confused:

cubist
Jun 22, 2004, 08:30 AM
I had a pocket PC that worked OK with iCal. But when you have this setup, you quickly come to realize that the problems aren't on the PDA side... the main problem is that iCal is a toy.

Stick with Palm Desktop. It may not be as pretty, but it has tons more functionality, and it works well.

Segmac
Jun 22, 2004, 08:32 AM
Samsung i300 PDA phone combo..... its been great.
Why people have PDAs and Cell phones is beyond my understanding.
There are many great combo devices these days.
The i300 may be the best purchase I have EVER made, and thats saying alot.
Syncs great with my G4 tower and its a great organizational tool.
I would upgrade to a new model but this one still works so well its hard to give it up.

I guess if Apple put out a phone/PDA I would switch to that.

reaper
Jun 22, 2004, 08:37 AM
I have a T3 and it works pretty well. Haven't had a problem with addresses or appointments after the initial couple of syncs, which were only a problem because I had to get rid of some duplicates and re-work the formatting a little.

The only thing I am sort of upset about is that I still have to use Palm Desktop for memos, since it doesn't appear there is a good Mac counterpart.

- reaper

dcollierp
Jun 22, 2004, 09:17 AM
I use a Palm Zire 21. Palm just recently updated their desktop software so maybe the compatabilities are a little better. I sync with iCal and have no problem getting all day events to show up.

jeremy.king
Jun 22, 2004, 10:42 AM
Why people have PDAs and Cell phones is beyond my understanding.

Because most phones are free with your plan and you can get a regular PDA for $70. Sure beats spending $300+ for a PDA phone. With that said, my next phone will be the PalmOne Treo 600.

Jo-Kun
Jun 22, 2004, 05:35 PM
I use a Zire, and my brother has a Sony Clie... we both switched to Entourage and synching with that... because even tough its an MS product and we should support Mac... It just works better in means of synching...

for people like me who use a lot of mail and so on... its better to use... easier to configure and apply rules... and since the calendar is allso in entourage... I only need that to run allways and than I don't need more app's running at the same time so that's on my second monitor, and photoshop is on both ;-)

but this is only my opinion ;-)