Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrfrosty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
There a some 160Gb & 40Gb Apple TV's in the UK clearence store. I just picked up another 40Gb unit for £130. Bargain ! I hope it doesn't mean new models are around the corner. I also hope it means new models are around the corner.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
As the Apple Store in the US has had refurbs of both models for quite a while now, don't think it means anything.

Shuttleworth

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2008
UK
As the Apple Store in the US has had refurbs of both models for quite a while now, don't think it means anything.

But the UK only gets them in very occasionally, if they got a lot in the UK store it could indicate something

. Bargain ! I hope it doesn't mean new models are around the corner. I also hope it means new models are around the corner.

:D It still won't stop the current one being a brilliant bit of kit. I got mine refurb, having used it for a few months I'd have been happy to pay full price if I had no choice.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
:D It still won't stop the current one being a brilliant bit of kit. I got mine refurb, having used it for a few months I'd have been happy to pay full price if I had no choice.

I agree--was getting ready to pull the trigger on a refurb 40GB unit (2nd :apple:TV) but saw the US store had refurb base model Mac Minis yesterday for $499 and decided to go that route instead. Kids need a computer of their own so this will take care of both needs. Also picked up 4 GB Crucial RAM so I guess I'll be doing a little surgery on the Mini once it arrives. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.