Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teckwiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Hi all
Just this morning my brother got a new windows vista dell wich of corse came with reinstallation cds and I wanted to install it on my mac
(Please don't give me answers about serials ect I just want to install and do the 90 day hack or something)
Anyway so I partion the hd and boot off the disk and it immediately gives me this black screen
1:
2:
Please select boot option 1, 2

And thats it so thinking one must be install or something i press it, nothing so I try two again nothing haperns so i just swipe my keyboard the press them all and still nothing so i boou up with a keyboard pluged in (I have a macbook) and do the same but get nothing agein I also put it in my xp computer and try to do an upgrade but it has no startup and no xp files.
Thanx for reading, Sorry about the typos and please help!

teckwiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Im not pirating its built into vista that you just type in the pommand prompt a code and they give you an extra 30 days evaluation wich you can do once then if its worth it Ill buy one

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
The reinstallation disks from Dell are only legal on the dell machine. It is not legal to install on the Mac, and the re-installatio disks don't work anyway; you need a full install disk. It is against forum rules to help with piracy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.