How could i improve this logo??

What Colours Should I Change It To?

Many Thanks

techfreak85
Aug 13, 2009, 07:32 PM
the 2 different Reds kinda bug me...

yoyo5280
Aug 13, 2009, 07:34 PM
Does it intentionally look like christmas?

-Omi

jmann
Aug 13, 2009, 07:35 PM
The scribble makes it hard to read, and I hate that shade of red, and you can't read the last "c"

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 07:35 PM
Does it intentionally look like christmas?

-Omi

I actually never noticed that. Only noticed that when you said that. And no it aint :D

The scribble makes it hard to read, and I hate that shade of red.

What shade would you recommend?

techfreak85
Aug 13, 2009, 07:36 PM
The scribble makes it hard to read, and I hate that shade of red, and you can't read the last "c"
same here. i really dont like red text in designs. i had to do it once for someone and it bugged me so much

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 07:38 PM
What Coulours would you say would look better?

techfreak85
Aug 13, 2009, 07:43 PM
What Coulours would you say would look better?
what kind of theme/attitude/style is ur podcast conveying?

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 07:45 PM
what kind of theme/attitude/style is ur podcast conveying?

Well its a mixture, my podcast's are are covering all types of music genres. Does that help?

jmann
Aug 13, 2009, 07:46 PM
Maybe you could do black text with a grey or green squiggle with a slight gradient? Just throwing out ideas.

techfreak85
Aug 13, 2009, 07:46 PM
Well its a mixture, my podcast's are are covering all types of music genres. Does that help?
not really. but is there a specific mood or style that ur trying to have?

ezekielrage_99
Aug 13, 2009, 07:49 PM
My advice is start again.

The squiggle and stars do nothing for the logo and I do agree with the other posts about the colour choice being very Christmassy. Blue and grey IMHO would be far more suitable.

Personally I would keep it simple, a nicely chosen type with a slight gradient on the text would look far more effective. I would also try to pull the concept of what the logo is for into the type, a "J" would convert easily to a musical note.

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 07:49 PM
not really. but is there a specific mood or style that ur trying to have?

On my website i have stuck to grey's and blacks, white.
My Website (http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1617543/blend1/index.html)
The logo shall be going up the top where that plain text is. Bear in mind that i can change the background at the top to make the logo fit in.

ezekielrage_99
Aug 13, 2009, 07:54 PM
Also sorry to be a grammar Nazi but not sure about "Podcast's" it doesn't seem correct..

Shouldn't it be "Jack's Podcast" or "Jack's Podcasts"?

techfreak85
Aug 13, 2009, 07:54 PM
On my website i have stuck to grey's and blacks, white.
My Website (http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1617543/blend1/index.html)
The logo shall be going up the top where that plain text is. Bear in mind that i can change the background at the top to make the logo fit in.
that that logo would not have fit at all.;)

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 07:57 PM
Also sorry to be a grammar Nazi but not sure about "Podcast's" it doesn't seem correct..

Thats one thing that i am rather unsure about to be honest but now i look at it in depth Jack Podcast's does look rather wrong. :D

that that logo would not have fit at all.;)

Ye.......

AppleMatt
Aug 13, 2009, 08:03 PM
Couldn't the tagline be 'More choice in music' rather than the one you've got - it seems a bit long.

My eye read as far as Jack, but then got distracted by and tracked along the jagged line.

AppleMatt

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 08:16 PM
Couldn't the tagline be 'More choice in music' rather than the one you've got - it seems a bit long.

My eye read as far as Jack, but then got distracted by and tracked along the jagged line.

AppleMatt

Thanks for that, that makes it alot more snappy :D which is good
My advice is start again.

The squiggle and stars do nothing for the logo and I do agree with the other posts about the colour choice being very Christmassy. Blue and grey IMHO would be far more suitable.

Personally I would keep it simple, a nicely chosen type with a slight gradient on the text would look far more effective. I would also try to pull the concept of what the logo is for into the type, a "J" would convert easily to a musical note.

Do you mean like this for the J?

ezekielrage_99
Aug 13, 2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks for that, that makes it alot more snappy :D which is good

Yeah a concept like that, it's a little more simplified, but I would try to get it to fit into the colour style of the web site.

Little HZ
Aug 13, 2009, 08:32 PM

Absolutely!!! No apostrophe!!! :eek:

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 08:37 PM
Absolutely!!! No apostrophe!!! :eek:

Well Thanks For Clearing That One up :p

NoSmokingBandit
Aug 13, 2009, 08:40 PM

Im liking that quite a bit more. Try scooting the quarter note over a little and maybe tucking the flag behind the 'a' a little to tie it together more.
I would also go with some more subdued colors instead of something real bright. Bright colors get people's attention, but it just looks less professional overall. Try using these 3 colors:
Blue: 005DB3
Green: 5BC236
Gray: E6E6E6
Perhaps use the gray behind it somehow so it doesnt look like plain colored text. Cs4 decided to take a crap on me today (no idea why...) so i cant show you what i mean, but im sure you can figure it out, you've made tons of progress already imo.

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 08:57 PM
Using all your comments and suggestions i put this together. I personally think this is alot better than the original but as allays there is still room for improvement, what do you think?

I know im going to have to change the color of the music but what shade because it cant be to bright now :L

techfreak85
Aug 13, 2009, 09:05 PM
Using all your comments and suggestions i put this together. I personally think this is alot better than the original but as allays there is still room for improvement, what do you think?

I know im going to have to change the color of the music but what shade because it cant be to bright now :L
the problem with this one that i see is that u are not really sure what letter the eighth note is. first i thought Zachs... and then took me a second to remember it is Jacks.

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 09:14 PM
the problem with this one that i see is that u are not really sure what letter the eighth note is. first i thought Zachs... and then took me a second to remember it is Jacks.

Are you saying that i should change it into a different 8th note to avoid confusion?

Designer Dale
Aug 13, 2009, 09:17 PM
You still have the grammar wrong. It needs to be either "Jack's Podcast" or "Jack's Podcasts". "Jack's" is possessive. Jack made the Podcast. "Podcasts" are plural. "Jack Podcasts" doesn't sound right. If "Podcast" has become a verb, something like "Jack Podcasts Your World" might do. I'm old...

Note: Taught elementary school for 22 years.

Dale

techfreak85
Aug 13, 2009, 09:18 PM
Are you saying that i should change it into a different 8th note to avoid confusion?
make it a qtr note.

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 09:21 PM
You still have the grammar wrong. It needs to be either "Jack's Podcast" or "Jack's Podcasts". "Jack's" is possessive. Jack made the Podcast. "Podcasts" are plural. "Jack Podcasts" doesn't sound right. If "Podcast" has become a verb, something like "Jack Podcasts Your World" might do. I'm old...

Note: Taught elementary school for 22 years.

Dale

Oh bummmsss so i have. Sorry about that. Just edited it and saved it :D

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 09:24 PM
Do you mean something likes this?

ezekielrage_99
Aug 13, 2009, 09:48 PM

That is really coming together nicely I really like the direction, it's clear and concise. I would tweak the note a little to make it more "J" like, but it looking really good

Absolutely!!! No apostrophe!!!

I thought it didn't look right.. Although I hadn't had my morning coffee yet :D

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 09:59 PM
That is really coming together nicely I really like the direction, it's clear and concise. I would tweak the note a little to make it more "J" like, but it looking really good

I thought it didn't look right.. Although I hadn't had my morning coffee yet :D

How could i tweak it to make it more like a "j" do you think?

Ye i also like the way its all pulling together. And its all thanks to people like you on MacRumors :D

ezekielrage_99
Aug 13, 2009, 10:46 PM
Basically carving out the circle to be the curve in the "J"

JackT06
Aug 13, 2009, 10:59 PM
Should i add anything else to it?

a cat *miaow*
Aug 14, 2009, 06:48 AM
The note being a different colour just makes the first word read "acks".

I would say it's not a great idea to the J a different colour and not the same type as the rest. Do one not both.

JackT06
Aug 14, 2009, 08:03 AM
The note being a different colour just makes the first word read "acks".

I would say it's not a great idea to the J a different colour and not the same type as the rest. Do one not both.

Thanks For The advice

Does anybody have a good idea of how i could put the email in it because this logo will be going on letters, newsletters ect

Jim Campbell
Aug 14, 2009, 08:15 AM

Just straightening it up would probably make it more recognisable as a 'J'.

Incidentally, if these are podcasts by Jack, then the grammatically correct choice is: "Jack's Podcasts".

Cheers

Jim

Edit to add: Oh ... there's a Page 2 where you go through all this stuff. Ignore me ... as you were.