Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sulja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2002
I'm looking to buy a new powermac, and i was wondering if anyone knows of a good online store that has good prices

thanks alot

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
welcome

welcome to Macrummors!

As far as good online stores... you can't really find a much better deal than apple.com Some times you can find cheeper prices but only by like $5.00. Apple some times has rebates (like they do right now) The One thing you can get from other sites is free stuff like RAM and Zip drives. Here are some of my favorets:

http://www.outpost.com
http://www.maczone.com

I don't know if you know this or not but the MacWorld convention is happening in 2 days and there mostlikely will be some new Macs. I suggest that you wait till then and get the latest and the greatest or get a good deal on one of the older models.

-evildead

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
some charge shipping, which apple doesn't...

as was said, most others beat apple's price by literally 5 bucks, but often don't have the ability to custom order various specs... they also give you things like ram or whatever as a bonus... just depends what you need.

macmall also works. i think that's where we got my parents' imac from... got some extra ram and whatnot

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>Not as nice as rumrunners,...
Well now we know who's been drinking the last 24 hours. :D

My father has purchased some equipment from http://www.smalldog.com (that's where I got the Cube for around $1400 and factory refurbished 15 inch monitor for $529). They also have excellent prices on older systems.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
spelling

opps.. the only thing worse than my spelling is my typing. Im on a Dell laptop right now and I'm still getting used to the keybord. I guess thats what I get for not proof reading.

True, Apple charges sales tax but you can get student discounts from Apple and you can build to order from the Apple stite. The student discount is not that great and infact it was only a little bit better than than not paying taxes. I wanted to build to order so it was the way to go for me.

Bust out the trusy slide rule and figure out how much it will be at each place and factor in your states Sales tax. My state is pretty high.

-evildead

sulja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2002
well, i do live in canada. so i'm not sure... is the student loan even worth going for?

mr.w

macrumors regular
May 17, 2002
Colorado
Re: Post counters?

Originally posted by kettle
On this thread - Multiplepostings with the same post counts.

Is this fall out from the low bandwidth adjustments?

nope... post counts are updated (for every post you've ever posted) every time post...

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
This is not really an online store, but I picked up my TiBook (800MHz DVI) from them at less the normal retail pricing... :D Computer Loft

Give them a call and see what they can do for you...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.