Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pi1475369

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Hello.

As far as I am aware there is a discount offered on MobileMe subs. through the Higher Edu. store. I was about to start a free trial of MobileMe, just to check it does all the things I want it to do, but then realised it will automatically charge me the full price on completion if I don't cancel. Since long term I don't want to cancel but would rather pay the lower education price I'm not sure if there is any way around this?

I've read elsewhere about people renewing subscriptions early and it all working out nicely, it seem feasible that i'd be able to buy the Edu. version and just use it to extend the free trial?

Thanks.

macnfab

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2009
NorthEast IN
If in fact there is a special edu code you can buy at a discounted rate. It stands to reasons it will have a special code. So in theory as long as you buy it and load the code BEFORE the 60 days, it wont be an issue.

If you find a special deal for students could you post info here please? I paid full price for mine a few months back.. I could never live w/o my mobile me now. I used to have 3-4 emails now everything goes to one place. I assume I will always have it!

J

jonnyoliver

I just investigated to see if there is a Higher Education discount for MobileMe, but there is not. I checked with an Apple employee and also logged onto the education store website through my University.

I'm afraid it's full price.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.