PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch bluetooth remote?

lavarock09
Aug 15, 2009, 07:19 AM
Hey!

I've got a second gen iPod touch, and I use it in my car, connected through the iPod connector on the bottom to an FM transmitter.

However, I have my touch inside a flip case, and if i ever need to stop, pause or skip tracks, I have to mess around opening the case, opening the Music app, and pausing the track, by which point I've probably had my eyes off the road for that long that I've ploughed into the back of a bus.

So basically, I was wondering if there was any kind of wireless (bluetooth would make most sense) remote, that would allow me to stop, pause and skip tracks without actually touching the iPod itself?

I had read about the Nike+ remote being a possibility, however the article I read (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9353246) was before OS 3.0 software was released, and they were unsure as to wether it would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

S1XStringMayhem
Aug 15, 2009, 10:16 AM
Best Buy has a fm transmitter complete with a remote that is made specifically for steering wheels. I would send a link but ny connection on my
phone is slow right now. Good luck!

lavarock09
Aug 15, 2009, 01:22 PM
Ah right yeah,
I've already got my FM transmitter fit into the innards of my car and just have a wire with the iPod connector sticking out, so I'm really trying to find an alternative to replacing the whole transmitter kit.

Thanks though S1XStringMayhem

Anyone else got any ideas?