Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LexKitten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Hi!

I'm looking for some help with Final Cut Express >.< I'm trying to make a scrolling news banner like they have on CNN/FOX (e.g. the little bar down the bottom here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs12ccbOiE)

How can I loop my text so it repeats, and there's never a break in the text? I can't work out how to make it scroll on a loop =( If I just make it scrolling text, it leaves a blank bit at the end of my text for the last few seconds of the clip.

Thanks for any help! =)

<3 Lex

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Have you tried trimming off the black frames at the end of the clip and then copy/pasting the trimmed clip to repeat the scroll?

If that doesn't work, try exporting a self-contained QT movie of the clip by itself, and then trim and copy/paste.

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2006
Hi!

I'm looking for some help with Final Cut Express >.< I'm trying to make a scrolling news banner like they have on CNN/FOX (e.g. the little bar down the bottom here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs12ccbOiE)

How can I loop my text so it repeats, and there's never a break in the text? I can't work out how to make it scroll on a loop =( If I just make it scrolling text, it leaves a blank bit at the end of my text for the last few seconds of the clip.

Thanks for any help! =)

<3 Lex

What version of FCE doe you have? You should consider using Livetype for this. This is one thing Livetype does really well. The only scrolling LifeType does poorly is long vertical scrolls ( al a movie credits )

evil_santa

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
London, England
if i understand correctly you want a QT file to play as a loop on a screen with the crawl on it, here is how i would do it, ( im using FCS but assume it will work like this in express)

1, use the crawl tool to make the crawl, and place in time line

2, export the file as a QT movie

3, put that file back in Final cut and place on time line, make a cut about halfway down the clip

4, slide the first half along and up, and make its composite mode additive, you will see the 2 bits of text one over the other,

5, slide the top one until the loop join how you want it,

6, export the time line and this is your looping file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.