PDA

View Full Version : AppleTV, iPhone Remote, and Screensaver

timeoff2fish
Aug 15, 2009, 09:15 AM
I have had an AppleTv for about a year. I was previously able to use the iPhone remote app to control my music and have the "floating photo" screensaver activate after two minutes.

I have found that recently (every piece of the puzzle is updated, I don't know exactly what update caused this) if I select the option in iPhone remote to "Stay Connected" to the Apple Tv library via wifi, my screensaver does not activate. This was previously not the case.

If I turn the stay connected option off, the screensaver will activate in two minutes as before.

The spool up time for iPhone remote is too slow to not utilize the stay connected option, but I really like having my floating photo screensaver as before. I have tried unpairing the remote and connecting it again, but this was no help.

Any suggestions?

randy98mtu
Aug 15, 2009, 09:22 AM
I've found that I need to go to the home screen on the phone for the screensaver to activate. I agree it's frustrating because the start up time on the remote is too long. I have a Harmony that I can use to skip tracks. Mostly when I'm using the screensaver is when I have company though, and I just have a background music playlist that I leave running and don't skip tracks on it.