Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icypsp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
personally these are my favorite multiplayer games in the appstore.
ifps online
light bike
uno
real racing
bomber online
dinosmash
etc...

but trouble comes when i leave away from the wifi
how come the ipod touch cant play multiplayer games when youre away from wifi. Like the psp, it has infrastructure support for online and ad-hoc for offline. How come the ipod touch does not support a ad-hoc feature. I think that is lame and very inconvient. My friends and i love to play multiplayer game but we do not like to be within the wifi boundaries.

What if my friends and i bought some bluetooth headphones for our ipod touch, you know the ones that come with the adaptor to plug on the bottom of your ipod touch. Then would we be able to play multiplayer games without wifi? Also some games like Bomberman touch 1 and 2 support bluetooth multiplayer because they say it in the multiplayer menue. Would that adaptor allow my friends and i to play those games without wifi? Like how the iphone has bluetooth.

tadad1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2008
OS 3.0 supports bluetooth multiplay on the iPhone and Touch 2G without an adapter and is starting to be included in games.

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
It seems that Uno allows for playing against friends over the internet and not just wifi. Any other games that way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.