Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

And004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
I had plugged my iPod touch to my laptop. When iTunes opened, an error came up.

attachment.php

Now it is reading it as an iPhone. What should I do?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,134

And004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
I restored it twice but it sill says my iPod is an iPhone. Any other things i could do?

womble2k2

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
London
Looks like it has iPhone firmware on it. Did you upgrade to OS 3.0?

Or you could try: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPod touch for a few seconds until a red slider appears, then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Phil

iPhone 62S

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2009
When you put it into DFU mode and plug it into the laptop (I assume this is how you are restoring it as it won't connect normally) does it still come up as a iPhone? If so, you'll need to get the 3.0 iPod touch firmware manually if you are indeed installing the iPhone firmware.

Is it like a normal iPod touch when you use it though? I don't see how the iPhone firmware would get onto your iPod...

And004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
I took it to Apple today and they told me to reinstall iTunes. Well I did, but when I plugged it in the error didn't show up. Instead, it reads it as an iPhone. My iPod touch is updated. What should I do now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.