PDA

View Full Version : Refurb 2g or 3g

CmnderKeen68
Aug 17, 2009, 04:22 PM
So I want to buy my first iPod touch. I was looking at the Apple store which has refurb 2g for $179.99. I also know the new 3g's are coming out possibly Sept. 7. If I wait, do you think the price of the refurb 2g will go down. Or maybe even that the 3g will be worth $220 or whatever?

DrawnToLife
Aug 17, 2009, 04:39 PM
Well, I've been reading around and it's not 100% guaranteed that they're coming out September 7-9th. But I'm in the same situation as you.

Personally, I would wait. Chances are, the 2nd Generation refurbished will go down in price even more when the 3rd Generations come out because then it will become an older model.

McBeats
Aug 17, 2009, 04:46 PM
I'm also about to get an ipod touch...

Since it really is just less than a month till the next revision, I would recommend on waiting, cuz only 40 dollars more from that refurbished, you will have a faster cpu, 2x the ram, and faster gpu, probably double the disk space, (and maybe a camera, and microphone? we'll see...)

I am fascinated with the Iphone so I'm gonna buy an Ipod as a test run till my verizon contract is up in a few months, then consider the Iphone on att's network.

If you absolutely cant wait, then I might recommend buying it now, then selling it on craigslist or something like that and buying the new one once it comes out...

DrawnToLife
Aug 17, 2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah, adding to what McBeats said, the excepted release date is just three weeks away. And there's more of a chance that it gets better and faster than getting worse (Which is very unlikely).

So yeah. Everyone will tell you this. If you can wait the three weeks, then wait. If you absolutely must have it, then buy it now, but know that it's likely for a new one to be coming out very soon.