PDA

View Full Version : Best setup for LARGE photo/video wall display

blurij
Aug 17, 2009, 08:10 PM
I want to set up a large wall HD LCD monitor to show iPhoto09 and iMovie09 productions I make on my MacBook Pro . PhotoVu makes a fantastic 22" digital frame for $1000, but does not have built in software to display iPhoto slideshows - it shows just the photos using its own transitions. Nor can the PhotoVu show video or music.
For that same price I know I could buy a HD LCD monitor and a used iBook or mac mini or some multimedia hard drive.

Any recommendations as to an HD LCD monitor (around 22" to 24") that can be wall mounted and that also has good viewing angles from the sides?
I like Samsung, but haven't found a wall - mountable one.

Are there any mac friendly multimedia drives that can store iPhoto09 and iMovie09 files/media? Or should I just use a mac mini or iBook to dedicate to the monitor? I know I have a Macbook Pro, but I don't want to dedicate my Macbook for this purpose.

Also if anyone has a PhotoVu how do you like it, and would it still be better than any of these crazy alternatives to it that I have in mind?

PhotoVu does allow wireless feeds( RSS FrameChannel) to its digital frame which is kind of neat - so you can display photos from friends or internet sites. But I figure that can also be done with an iBook - am I right?

Would very much appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thank you in advance