Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX
I've just been puzzled about my MobilMe sync. Almost all the time when I see it syncing though it's little animated icon, I can click on it and it will say Syncing MobileMe, but then I will hover back on the icon moments later and it will say canceling. Does this mean something is causing the sync to stop? :confused:

I don't know if this means it has been completed or if it means something went wrong. After the sync cancels, I can hover over the icon again and it will say that it last synced at whatever time it currently is, so I'm pretty confused as to whether it actually is successfully finishing or not. :confused:

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
oh, this might explain it then. I wonder why they chose to have this work this way. hmm :confused:

In finder (iDisk sync) clicking once starts sync, again cancels sync... Not too bad...

Menu bar sync (calendars, contact etc) clicking once, drop down, "sync now" starts sync. Clicking again, drop down, "cancel sync"...

Or you can just set to automatic and trust it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.