PDA

View Full Version : Black display frame MBA

howardBergen
Aug 18, 2009, 12:05 AM
Since the new line of MBP I have fallen more and more in love with the black frame around the display on these MBP. Feels like the display is much easier for the eyes.

Do anyone know if it is possible to buy a skin/coverfoil/etc to cover on the alu frame around my MBA display?

I have found a lot of pages/webshops that provide skin for the front/back and trackpad, but nothing for the frame around the display.

Thanks a lot

HB

puma1552
Aug 18, 2009, 12:14 AM
Someone here put the glass display/black bezel from a MB on it and it looked beautiful. Can't remember the thread though.

indiecraig
Aug 18, 2009, 01:35 AM
I really think Apple should update the Macbook Air with the black display frame and the "big button" glass trackpad. At the moment it's kind of like the black sheep of the notebook line.

jdaco6
Aug 19, 2009, 08:41 AM
Since the new line of MBP I have fallen more and more in love with the black frame around the display on these MBP. Feels like the display is much easier for the eyes.

Do anyone know if it is possible to buy a skin/coverfoil/etc to cover on the alu frame around my MBA display?

I have found a lot of pages/webshops that provide skin for the front/back and trackpad, but nothing for the frame around the display.

Thanks a lot

HB

Someone on ebay was selling the glass from their 13" Alu Macbook and advertised it as fitting the air! Would love to see pics though.

phoobo
Aug 19, 2009, 10:53 AM

HB

Yes indeed there is:

http://www.nextag.com/black-duct-tape/compare-html

gri
Aug 19, 2009, 12:22 PM
I really think Apple should update the Macbook Air with the black display frame and the "big button" glass trackpad. At the moment it's kind of like the black sheep of the notebook line.

No - its rather the aluminum sheep of the bunch...:p

GoCubsGo
Aug 19, 2009, 12:26 PM
Someone here put the glass display/black bezel from a MB on it and it looked beautiful. Can't remember the thread though.

Sometimes all your wishes can't fit into the small package of the MB Air.

NC MacGuy
Aug 19, 2009, 12:29 PM

I rather like both the way they are. Would much rather my MBP have the Air's display and no glass or black. The trackpad has plenty of room and I find myself accidently clicking the MBP when I'm using gestures with force.

Lounge Deluxe
Aug 19, 2009, 01:48 PM
Someone on ebay was selling the glass from their 13" Alu Macbook and advertised it as fitting the air! Would love to see pics though.

It'sthis (http://cgi.ebay.com/13-3-MacBook-Air-LCD-screen-glass-plastic-cover_W0QQitemZ390077500558QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad26e4c8e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_2180wt_1067) sale on eBay. Unfortunately no pictures of a MBA with this MB bezel, but the seller indeed claims compatibility.

adamjackson
Aug 19, 2009, 01:52 PM
"13.3" MacBook Air LCD screen glass plastic cover"

that sounds questionable.

leomac08
Aug 19, 2009, 04:48 PM
be ghetto

put some black duck tape in the side,:D

or paint it in!,