Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
As someone pointed out in another thread, crappy greetings card shop Clinton's Cards are selling two £15 iTunes cards for £20...

You can get them online (though the website seems to be broken) or in store (if you explain slowly to the staff).

This is a great offer, especially for those (like me) pondering the somewhat expensive purchase of the TomTom app. This makes it cost only £40, a much more palatable amount.

Cheers,

Steve.

marcopolo007uk

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2009
Thanks for the heads up, I did this when Argos has the same promotion a few months ago... money for nothing! :)

paulcdb

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2009
thanks for the this, not decided if i'll get tomtom yet though. would've bought it straight away before but now we're heading into winter i doubt i'll need it that much so i can make do with navigon for now.

J400uk

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
It's actually two for £22.75. Not a huge saving.

No you've got it wrong. Instore and online its 2 x £15 vouchers for £20. If you order online there is a £2.75 delivery charge applied, regardless of how many you order. Its a very good saving, especially useful to those purchasing sat nav applications.

Oliver.m

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2009
Essex, England
How long do you think the offer will be on for? I wish i'd seen this earlier. May have to pop in there tomorrow if its still going.

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
How long do you think the offer will be on for? I wish i'd seen this earlier. May have to pop in there tomorrow if its still going.

Don't know the answer to this, but the lady I spoke to in the shop today said she only became aware of the offer (via a window poster) yesterday...

I reckon you've got a few days, at least.

Steve.

chimpboy74

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
Scotland
doesnt seem to be available any more on the webpage at least. I tried last night but when I clicked on the link it just returned saying nor search results found
Now even the link has been replaced. When you add 2 to shopping cart it charges full price unless you have a discount code

wazza12345

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
Does anyone know if a gift card bought for the UK itunes store can be used in an overseas itunes store? ie US or Australia? Knowing apple they'd be locked to the country of purchase.... for some retarded corporate reason..

wowipod

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Queensland
Does anyone know if a gift card bought for the UK itunes store can be used in an overseas itunes store? ie US or Australia? Knowing apple they'd be locked to the country of purchase.... for some retarded corporate reason..

They are region locked. But there are always offers. Over here in Oz there is 20% off itunes cards in woolies and combine that with Qantas frequent flyer points and a staff discount you got your self a good buy.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Apparently Clinton's have said the offer is due to run until August 29th or until they sell out.

The site has already sold out so it's just in-store now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.