PDA

View Full Version : Limited to US Store purchases, why?

atomwork
Jun 24, 2004, 06:57 AM
Hi all,

it's pathetic. I am only allowed to purchase US based music from iTunes. However, the other stores in Europe have much more interesting Electro music... What's up with that? Why cannot Apple sync them?

Dave

hob
Jun 25, 2004, 07:03 PM
Because apple had to work their ass off to get whatever they could for EU. Type in Crystal Method into US then UK - tell me that's not electronice... UK=1 track, US=50? Well... I'm hoping for some more stuff (Indie=Parlophone=Radiohead) and some american bits as well - eventually it'll all fall into place methinks

Hob

atomwork
Jun 25, 2004, 07:41 PM
you got my wrong bro. I mean, if the apple US store has an x amount of music, why wouldn't it be available for the others... Since I was born in Germany and live now in the US is my interest now also on the German Apple iTunes store. But I cannot buy from there with my account...

Too bad. Or?

Ciao
Dave

bousozoku
Jun 25, 2004, 07:53 PM
When there is international law concerning distribution of music, we'll be able to buy music across borders. Until that point, you'll need to use a store that sells physical media that adds on the import tariffs.

Just think about it, in 30-50 years, they may have settled it.