PDA

View Full Version : iPod classic videos wont play on 3rd party dvd player

jaymesma
Aug 19, 2009, 08:35 AM
iPod classic wont play 3rd party dvd player with apple composite cable
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 6:32 AM Reply Email

I want to play the videos in my iPod classic 120GB(MB526LL) on my Phillips DCP750 dvd player. I am using the Apple Composite cable which I brought in the spring of 2008 with the Apple Universal Dock (MB125G) and they will not play. When I tried to just use the cable with the Phillips I received the error message ď TV Out Enabled Please Connect Video Accessory ď so I brought the dock Using the dock I do not get the message. Instead the audio comes through the headphones on my iPod but no video on the dvd player nor on the iPod. I have the iPod settings to TV out, screen standard and PAL since I am in the UK. Is it possible that my cables are too old and do not have the chip that I have read about? Should I be using the component cable rather than the composite? I have tried to find the older firmware prior to 1.0.2 but canít. Is it worth my while to make an appointment with my local Apple store and take cables, player, dock and iPod to the Genius bar? If anyone has had this problem and figured it out could they explain to me step by step what I should be doing. I hate the idea of having to spend more money on cables and will probably just continue to watch videos on the ipod or else on the Macbook if I can not figure out a work around.
Thanks in advance.

nkawtg72
Aug 19, 2009, 03:06 PM
iPod classic wont play 3rd party dvd player with apple composite cable
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 6:32 AM Reply Email

I want to play the videos in my iPod classic 120GB(MB526LL) on my Phillips DCP750 dvd player. I am using the Apple Composite cable which I brought in the spring of 2008 with the Apple Universal Dock (MB125G) and they will not play. When I tried to just use the cable with the Phillips I received the error message ď TV Out Enabled Please Connect Video Accessory ď so I brought the dock Using the dock I do not get the message. Instead the audio comes through the headphones on my iPod but no video on the dvd player nor on the iPod. I have the iPod settings to TV out, screen standard and PAL since I am in the UK. Is it possible that my cables are too old and do not have the chip that I have read about? Should I be using the component cable rather than the composite? I have tried to find the older firmware prior to 1.0.2 but canít. Is it worth my while to make an appointment with my local Apple store and take cables, player, dock and iPod to the Genius bar? If anyone has had this problem and figured it out could they explain to me step by step what I should be doing. I hate the idea of having to spend more money on cables and will probably just continue to watch videos on the ipod or else on the Macbook if I can not figure out a work around.
Thanks in advance.

i've looked at the support site for philips. it would appear that your device is NTSC based.
have you tried setting your ipod to NTSC instead of PAL?

jaymesma
Aug 20, 2009, 05:12 AM
I have tried using NTSC as well as PAL with no luck. I'm sure it can be done I just can't figure the sequence I shoul be using or if it a matter of my needing the component cable and not the composite.