Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidFulero

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Dayton, Ohio
I am working with a white Macbook, made sometime in 2007, and it was recently dropped, we replaced the screen and it was working fine, the light came on and everything. We finally shut it, and re opened it, the backlight will not work, and it doesn't detect that it is closed, but anyways, we figured it was the inverter board, we replaced the inverter board, but the black cord did not fit with my logic board, so we hooked the old black cord onto the new one and still nothing, I really need help. I cannot find the original black inverter cord anywhere. :apple:

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I am working with a white Macbook, made sometime in 2007, and it was recently dropped, we replaced the screen and it was working fine, the light came on and everything. We finally shut it, and re opened it, the backlight will not work, and it doesn't detect that it is closed, but anyways, we figured it was the inverter board, we replaced the inverter board, but the black cord did not fit with my logic board, so we hooked the old black cord onto the new one and still nothing, I really need help. I cannot find the original black inverter cord anywhere. :apple:

Look here:

http://www.ifixit.com/

They have just about everything you could ever need.

DavidFulero

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Dayton, Ohio
Response

Look here:

http://www.ifixit.com/

They have just about everything you could ever need.

I searched and searched on that website, I couldn't find it, the cable is to small, and I originally has a 607-1859, PWB-IVI6112/c2-ag-lf, 1v16112/T-LF CHEER TIME 66,
AS022215100

My problem is that the new cable does not fit into my logic board, all i need is the little black cable. I looked on eBay and they sell my inverter withOUT the cable.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I searched and searched on that website, I couldn't find it, the cable is to small, and I originally has a 607-1859, PWB-IVI6112/c2-ag-lf, 1v16112/T-LF CHEER TIME 66,
AS022215100

My problem is that the new cable does not fit into my logic board, all i need is the little black cable. I looked on eBay and they sell my inverter withOUT the cable.

What's your computer model? Which MacBook do you have?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.