PDA

View Full Version : OS X 10.3 Panther

dsharits
Jun 24, 2004, 11:06 PM
I bought Panther two days after it came out, and I installed it on my Blueberry iBook. As luck would have it, my iBook died two weeks later. I ordered an new G3 800 iBook to replace it, and it came with ANOTHER copy of Panther. Now I am stuck with one unused copy of 10.3, complete with all documentation, and I would like to get rid of it. If anyone would like to buy it, go ahead and make me an offer. Thanks!

Daniel

musicpyrite
Jun 24, 2004, 11:22 PM
I think most people here are already using Panther, so it would be sorta hard to sell it here. ebay would be your best bet to get a semi-reasonable price.

dsharits
Jun 24, 2004, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was hoping that I could get at least something for it. I am actually more open to trading it for something else, because I don't have access to an ebay account. I figured that someone else could take it off my hands and sell it themselves. Thanks anyway.

Daniel

gone fishing
Jun 27, 2004, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was hoping that I could get at least something for it. I am actually more open to trading it for something else, because I don't have access to an ebay account. I figured that someone else could take it off my hands and sell it themselves. Thanks anyway.

Daniel
Have you tried the apple.com forum, they have a 10.2 forum, there might be some ppl there who could be interested. Don't know if it's legal.

Kingsnapped
Jun 27, 2004, 12:12 PM
I would be pretty confident in its legality if the iBook is not functional. I bet someone on the offical Mac forums would be pretty quick to correct you if there was a problem :D

ChrisFromCanada
Jun 27, 2004, 12:34 PM
Have you tried the apple.com forum, they have a 10.2 forum, there might be some ppl there who could be interested. Don't know if it's legal.

I'm just a little confused. Why would he go to a 10.2 forum when he is trying to sell 10.3? Or is there no 10.3 forum?

Elan0204
Jun 27, 2004, 01:21 PM
I'm just a little confused. Why would he go to a 10.2 forum when he is trying to sell 10.3? Or is there no 10.3 forum?

Because the people in the X.2 forum are having trouble with Jaguar, meaning that is the operating system they are currently running. These people don't yet have Panther and might be interested in buying it. If you are asking questions in the X.3 forum, you have Panther, and therefore don't want to buy it again.

dsharits
Jun 27, 2004, 11:26 PM
Unfortunately, sales are not allowed to be posted in the Apple.com discussions. They are strictly for questions/problems.

Daniel