PDA

View Full Version : NEEDED!!! FIVE CLAMSHELL iBOOKS-DEAD

josh_e_washie
Jun 24, 2004, 11:50 PM
Hey Everyone,
I posted on a different board and got minimal response. I am in dire need of five dead ibooks....preferrably just the shell itself....for props in an upcoming show I am properties master for. I am willing to take, rent or possibly buy dead ibooks.....i need one in each color....that's five right? I'm talking about the G3's....red, orange, green, blue and purple(?). Let me know if anyone can do anything! My email is josh_e_washie@hotmail.com Thanks!!!!!! :D

Krizoitz
Jun 25, 2004, 09:43 AM
Hey Everyone,
I posted on a different board and got minimal response. I am in dire need of five dead ibooks....preferrably just the shell itself....for props in an upcoming show I am properties master for. I am willing to take, rent or possibly buy dead ibooks.....i need one in each color....that's five right? I'm talking about the G3's....red, orange, green, blue and purple(?). Let me know if anyone can do anything! My email is josh_e_washie@hotmail.com Thanks!!!!!! :D

If you are looking for the computers in five colors you are looking for iMacs not iBooks. The clamshell iBook came in three colors, blueberry, tangerine, and graphite. The iMac (third rev) came in the five colors (strawberry, blueberry, tangerine, lime, and grape) the original two revs were Bondi blue. You also had a graphite, snow, ruby, saphire, emerald series.

Spock
Jun 25, 2004, 10:10 AM
The iBook had Blue,Orange,Indigo,Lime, and Grahite thats Five. go to www.pbparts.com they have some of the case parts You are looking for.

SpaceMagic
Jun 25, 2004, 10:26 AM
Why dead? Are you going to smash them up on the show :o

dsharits
Jun 25, 2004, 10:34 AM
Actually, I can think of six colors: Blueberry, Indigo, Strawberry, Lime, Graphite, and Tangerine.

Daniel

michaelrjohnson
Jun 25, 2004, 11:01 AM
Actually, I can think of six colors: Blueberry, Indigo, Strawberry, Lime, Graphite, and Tangerine.

Daniel

Again, those are iMacs, not iBooks

Thirteenva
Jun 25, 2004, 11:35 AM
I'll reiterate what I said the first time you posted this subject and suggest you look into a mac user group in your area. It's unlikely you'll find 5 'dead' ibooks all in different colors, so maybe asking some mac users to lend theirs for a couple nights in exchange for some free tickets might yield better results.

check out this mac user group that may be in your area.

http://www.seacoastmac.org/

Lancetx
Jun 25, 2004, 12:57 PM
Just for the record, iBooks were available from 1999-2001 in the following colors, although all 5 weren't available at the same time of course...

Blueberry, Tangerine, Graphite, Indigo and Key Lime

Spock
Jul 19, 2004, 01:14 PM
Just for the record, iBooks were available from 1999-2001 in the following colors, although all 5 weren't available at the same time of course...

Blueberry, Tangerine, Graphite, Indigo and Key Lime

Just for the Record I posted this already.