PDA

View Full Version : iPod won't sync - new songs don't appear

klyau6
Jun 25, 2004, 01:07 AM
Hello -

I am using my iPod on my windows machine. Right now, my problem is this: For some reason, any new songs that I recently bought aren't being transferred onto the iPod. I've selected "update songs on 'so and so's iPod'" a bunch of times, but to no avail. When I connect the iPod to the dock, it says "Do Not Connect" so I'm guessing it's updating, but I am pretty lost as to what could be the problem. I've tried almost everything; I've searched the Help Pages, tried doing a search on this, etc. There aren't any new songs under the "Purchased Music" section either, and when I try to put new songs on a new playlist, it shows up on iTunes but doesn't show up on the actual iPod.

Has anyone had this problem before? Am I just doing something completely wrong? Does anyone know how to remedy this?

thank you so much

MacFan26
Jun 25, 2004, 02:21 AM
When I connect the iPod to the dock, it says "Do Not Connect" so I'm guessing it's updating
I'm guessing you mean "do not disconnect" right?

Have you checked to make sure the iPod is supposed to update automatically when you plug it in? If it is, try to do it manually by clicking on "Update song's on iPod" which should be under one of the menus. (sorry, I don't know if the windows iTunes is identical) Hope that helps.

MacDawg
Jun 25, 2004, 05:28 AM
...try to do it manually by clicking on "Update song's on iPod" which should be under one of the menus.

I think that has been tried according to the original post.

You said that it says "do not DISconnect" (assuming that's what was meant). But does your iTunes show the iPod? I'm assuming that it does since you are able to manually attempt to update songs.

Does your iTunes ever say "updating songs on iPod"?

You can try resetting your iPod, updating your iPod's software, etc. Your owner's manual shows you the steps for that, or the help page on the Apple web site explains it, or you can search the threads.

Have you restarted your machine?

blackfaith
Sep 12, 2004, 02:07 PM
i have got exactly the same problem. it does say 'updating songs' but stops after 1 song and says the update is complete. i sometimes get a box coming up saying some songs have not been transferred because the file could not be found- but the new songs are located in exactly the same place as all of the ones that transferred fine previously! i have tried rebooting the pc and resetting the ipod. i have not restored the ipod in fear of my library failing to transfer if i should do so. i haven't updated the ipod's software as i have only had it for a month.
klyau6- have you resolved this problem? if so could you give me some advice?