Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pytanie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Hey guys! I came here to seek a bit of help.

I have a problem with a late 2008 unibody macbook 2.4ghz.

The macbook uses 4 black, plastic circles to stand on. When I remove the battery and open the screen, the front, left circle stops touching the surface. It's about 1mm from the surface (hard to tell :p ). I used a piece of paper and moved it underneath the laptop and I saw the paper not stoping where the front left circle is (this is a proof that the laptop has no physical contact with the surface).

This is very annoying as I have a glass desk so everytime I put my hand on the macbook to start typing I hear it hiting the desk. It's not loud but annoying.

I wonder if it's the case with ALL (at least those late 2008s) models or is it just mine?

So if anyone with a late 2008 unibody macbook could remove the battery, open the screen and move a little piece of paper underneath the macbook to see if all of the black circles have contact with the surface of your desk, I would really appricate the effort.

People with new 2009 Pros please post too. I want to see if the problem has been fixed (in case it's not just mine).

Thank you!

pytanie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Come on ppl please help 'cause I do not know if I should send it to the service center or not.

Thanks!

Nobita

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2008
La la land
let's put it this way: don't remove your battery! what's the point? you'd be better off buying an imac if you don't need a battery.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
No offense to the OP but the OCD on this forum is ridiculous.

If you send it to service they will just send it right back with a "no problem found" status. Laptops are designed to operate with the battery in them anyway. You may not know this but pretty much every laptop out there needs to draw from battery power when doing computationally intensive tasks. This is because the computer can't pull all the power through the ac adapter that it needs.

This is most common on gaming laptops and you'll see many stories of people talking about their laptop shutting off at random only when the battery is removed.

pytanie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Do you want us to check with the battery in or out? Ive opened the battery door before and mine still sits level.

battery out

I also did not know that the battery must be inside to get the full speed. Thanks for the info guys! The reason why I use the laptop without the battery inside is because I dont want the battery to use up too fast. I use it only when I need to take the macbook outside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.