Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
Sometimes when I eject a CD or DVD from my Mac mini, the disk comes out flying, like the way cartoon toasters spit out bread. Not always, just sometimes.

Anything to worry about?

mt

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
Only if you like to watch the disc eject from a short distance.

Really good joke ... but seriously, is there any reason to be concerned?

The reason I ask is I had an iMac DV that presented the same problem shortly before it decided it wouldn't eject anything.

And I promise, I'm watching my disks eject from a safe distance, with proper safety equipment.

mt

savoirfaire

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2003
New England
Really good joke ... but seriously, is there any reason to be concerned?

The reason I ask is I had an iMac DV that presented the same problem shortly before it decided it wouldn't eject anything.

And I promise, I'm watching my disks eject from a safe distance, with proper safety equipment.

mt

Has it just started doing this recently, or has it been doing it intermittently since you got it? Also, if you are able to post a video of this phenomenon, I think we'd get a kick out of seeing it! :D

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
Has it just started doing this recently, or has it been doing it intermittently since you got it? Also, if you are able to post a video of this phenomenon, I think we'd get a kick out of seeing it! :D

It's not THAT funny. It just spits the disk out onto the desk, sometimes the disk is still spinning. It would be painful to, yes, watch the disk eject from a short distance, but nothing a little Neosporin and a Band-Aid won't fix. No need to call the paramedics.

It seems to be a recent phenomenon, maybe in the last several months.

No digital video camera, but maybe I can use my cell phone.

mt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.