PDA

View Full Version : App to display artwork?

str1f3
Aug 22, 2009, 01:53 PM
I just want an app to display artwork. I don't need an iTunes controller. Any suggestions?

devburke
Aug 22, 2009, 03:27 PM
I just want an app to display artwork. I don't need an iTunes controller. Any suggestions?

Can you be a little more clear? Do you want it to display the artwork of the currently playing song?

str1f3
Aug 22, 2009, 03:35 PM
Can you be a little more clear? Do you want it to display the artwork of the currently playing song?

Yes and that's all. I don't need an iTunes controller like Bowtie but it would be nice that it showed a HUD containing lyrics.

devburke
Aug 22, 2009, 03:50 PM
Yes and that's all. I don't need an iTunes controller like Bowtie but it would be nice that it showed a HUD containing lyrics.

iTunes itself actually does this, aside from the lyrics part. It can both display the album art in the main iTunes window or in its own window.

To display it in its own window, click this guy:

Now you should have something like this:

Now, if you want to get the album art in its own window, just click the album art in the main window, and a new one should pop up:

Feel free to resize this window as you wish, and close the main iTunes window if you like.

devburke
Aug 22, 2009, 03:56 PM
Actually, I was assuming you wanted a window to float alongside you other apps. If you're ok with a Dashboard widget, I'm sure there are some of those out there that do lyrics too

str1f3
Aug 22, 2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the help. Didn't even know about the album art having it's own window and have been using iTunes for years. *Sign* It would be nice if they had a hud for lyrics though but I'll live. :)

Galley
Aug 25, 2009, 06:02 PM
Check out CoverSutra. :)

tabasco70
Aug 25, 2009, 07:04 PM
GimmesomeTune is handy.

Fetches artwork and lyrics, displays them on a slick HUD.

http://www.eternalstorms.at/gimmesometune/

shujin88
Aug 26, 2009, 05:57 AM
GimmesomeTune is handy.

Fetches artwork and lyrics, displays them on a slick HUD.

http://www.eternalstorms.at/gimmesometune/

I downloaded this app but curious, how long does it take to fetch album art and do you need to have an album name or something or does it work like shazaam?