Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stevenclays

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
I love the website, it is very helpful.
I am getting my new MBP 13inch 2.26GHz Interl Core2 Duo, 2GB, 160GB SATA Hard Drive. I have always loved mac computers, but there is a game I want to be able to play as well, and it is a window's only game. It is called "Dark Age Of Camelot". My question is will my new MBP run the game without problems? "The PC requirments of the game are at the bottom." I will be running bootcamp and on paper it seems as if the thing will work, I was just wondering if I should get the 4Gb 2.53GHz instead or will the first one work fine.
One more question: I will need to buy a version of windows, and was a little confused on witch version to get, I would really like to get XP if it will still work on bootcamp and what bit will be needed, the 32, and any tips on where to buy the windows version would be great.

Recommended Requirements for Game:
Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD equivalent
1 GB RAM
Compatible 3D Acceleration card with 128 MB Video RAM
DirectX 9.0 or later
Shader 2.X or greater support
Internet Connection Required

dmbfan41

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
if you want to do any kind of gaming i would just go with the more well equipped macbook. i think $300 is well worth it for more ram, faster processor, and a larger hard drive. 4gb of ram is pretty much the new standard.

and get xp from newegg.com.. just make sure you don't get the oem version or upgrade. im sure you could find it at a bestbuy or something too but i think newegg is the cheapest.

you could always just download windows 7 for free. it may let you play that game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.