Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
US
Hey everyone, I did do a search on this but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I was wondering if there is anything that would allow me to plug my iphone into my stereo and play music through it and charge at the same time...? I don't have a fancy stereo or anything, just a regular cd player, etc. Thanks for your help.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Is the stereo aftermarket? If not the best thing to do is find a forum for your car make and model. Every car has different options.

iFalcon

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
The OP just read my mind.

I drive a 2005 Toyota Highlander with an OEM stereo/cd/cassette. There are no included aux ports in the OEM stereo.

I would seem my best options are an FM transmitter (ugh) or a cassette adapter with aux cable built it.

Any suggestions?

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
The OP just read my mind.

I drive a 2005 Toyota Highlander with an OEM stereo/cd/cassette. There are no included aux ports in the OEM stereo.

I would seem my best options are an FM transmitter (ugh) or a cassette adapter with aux cable built it.

Any suggestions?

Check out the Griffin Tuneflex Aux (or Tuneflex SmartClick if you want a remote too). You can buy yourself a cheap cassette adapter somewhere and that's all you'll need. Quality should actually be pretty decent through the cassette adapter (better than FM for sure and easier too since you don't have to worry about finding stations to use).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.