Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
I'm just curious.. is there any type of netflix style accounts for apple TV.. i am REALLY new to this, have never even really considered it until i got netflix as a present and LOVED watching the shows instantly on my computer.. BUT it would be WAY better of my HD TV!!

So i was just wondering.. Is there such a thing? I know you can "rent" movies through itunes (how does that wok) and you can BUY TV shows and movies.. but what about one flat rate for unlimited viewing? THAT is what iw ould want.. otherwise i would end up spending a fortune on TV shows.

dmm219

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
I'm just curious.. is there any type of netflix style accounts for apple TV.. i am REALLY new to this, have never even really considered it until i got netflix as a present and LOVED watching the shows instantly on my computer.. BUT it would be WAY better of my HD TV!!

So i was just wondering.. Is there such a thing? I know you can "rent" movies through itunes (how does that wok) and you can BUY TV shows and movies.. but what about one flat rate for unlimited viewing? THAT is what iw ould want.. otherwise i would end up spending a fortune on TV shows.

Nope. The closest is a "season pass" which just means your computer downloads new episodes the second they are released. The savings in using a Season Pass (which was initially a selling point) have been paultry at best ( a couple of cents). I have actually LOST money with season passes (Itunes charged me for 10 episodes of "survivorman" when there were only 6 released). Of course, i've never gotten a refund...

Rumors say they might make an announcement about a subscription model in Sept. If so, if it isn't prices around $9 a month or less, they will get slaughtered by Netflix. Who is gonna pay $40 a month for itunes shows when you get rent unlimited online for $9 a month from netflix?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.