Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
When I try and go to http://www.macrumors.com I get this error message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Host '192.168.1.4' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /home/macrumor/public_html/csspvt/cssdbinit.inc on line 8
Unable to connect to database

What is causing this????

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
:confused: Not sure what it means, but here it is:

Attachments

• MacRumors Error.jpg
    MacRumors Error.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 195

yamabushi

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2003
I received the error message as well. Navigating directly to the forums seems to work fine.

upperblue79

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2004
Little Rock, AR
I can't get on macrumors

I have tried from my 2 macs and the 2 pc's in my house, but everytime I go macrumors.com I get "Warning: mysql_connect(): Host 'xxx.xxx.x.x' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /home/macrumor/public_html/csspvt/cssdbinit.inc on line 8
Unable to connect to database" Anyone have any ideal?

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
I have 15GB of free bandwidth on my server that I am not using right now, so if they go to a text-only front page like they usually do for big events maybe that could help them out?

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
upperblue79 said:
So I'm not the only one with this problem? I was thinking it was something my connection did that caused my ip to be blocked.

I thought that as well ;-) Glad to see it's not just me.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
Sun Baked said:
Strange to see the front page crashed while the forums are still running.
The main page and the forums are hosted on different servers.

There is also a discussion going on here.

Mod note: The two threads are now merged.

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC
I've got 64GB. But I don't think that is the problem I think something just crashed. The site load shouldn't have been that high. Normally it's the forums that slashed.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
The page is down, could this mean . . . . updates are here when it goes back on!! Oh, wait, this is macrumors.com, not apple.com. Da**

glad to see it wasn't just me, had me concerned at first

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
United States
Got the same error message, but now it's working. I was on my PC, so I figured it was just Windows :D. Seriously though, sometimes I just can't navigate anything on the internet on my desktop and then I pull out my PB and everything is fine :confused:.

Oh well... :rolleyes:

JOD8FY

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
cjc343 said:
The server was probably trying to send out too much data too quickly due to WWDC craze.

I got the error too.

Damn! And we still got 3 days till WWDC, MacRumors will probably be down the whole week.... :(

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The problem had to do with the article database, not with the number of visitors or views. I, for one, expect MacRumors to manage fine on Monday, using the usual low-bandwidth presentation we've had for past keynote speeches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.